COVID-19 is spiking in a lot of areas around the U.S. What we were hoping would be a short term outbreak, is turning out to be here for the long haul, forcing us to make large adjustments in our businesses.
Some people have resorted to working from home, but that is not a possibility for everyone. If you own a business, but cannot resort to working from home, here are some of our best tips for keeping your workplace safe for your employees.
- Practice all social distancing guidelines. This means staying at least 6 feet apart, wearing masks, and maybe even consider other ways to decrease worker congestion.
- Personal cleanliness. You can implement rules, or just encourage your employees to take care of themselves and their coworkers. This can be done by washing hands frequently, cleaning high tough areas often, keep nose and mouth covered and keep tissues on hand.
- Professional sanitation. Set up a cleaning schedule! You can rotate between deep cleans and sanitation, or whatever you feel is best for your business. We are happy to consult with you and discuss the best plan of action. While you can clean yourself, professionals are trained, making the cleanings safer and more effective in preventing disease outbreak.
- Have a plan. What will you do to prevent COVID-19? What happens if one of your employees gets sick? These are important questions to consider and it’s best to just have a plan from the get-go. Getting your response plan in place will also make your employees feel safe and protected. When you get your plans in place you can start implementing important procedures, such as what an employee should do if they are feeling sick.
- Be respectful and responsive to your employees concerns. Learn how to be flexible. This is a hard time for all of us. Will you be understanding to your employees family situations. Think ahead, so that you will be prepared and not overwhelmed when you are confronted with these concerns!
Here at Summit, we are working hard to keep our employees and community safe. If you have any questions, feel free to call us at 410-491-7549.